Last year I participated in a reading challenge called Bout of Books, and I had a great time participating so I thought I would do it again this year.
For those of you who don’t really know much about Bout of Books (including me), it is basically a week-long, no pressure read-a-thon that has been going strong since 2011! Here is a description directly from the Bout of Books blog:
The Bout of Books read-a-thon is organized by Amanda Shofner and Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal. It is a week long read-a-thon that begins 12:01am Monday, May 8th and runs through Sunday, May 14th in whatever time zone you are in. Bout of Books is low-pressure. There are challenges, giveaways, and a grand prize, but all of these are completely optional. For all Bout of Books 19 information and updates, be sure to visit the Bout of Books blog. – From the Bout of Books team
The Bout of Books Read-a-Thon was created by Amanda @ On a Book Bender on a complete whim in August 2011*. It took on a life of its own and was such a hit that Amanda decided to do it again and turn it into a somewhat regular occurrence.
- Bout of Books is a week long read-a-thon, usually from 12:01am on a Monday through 11:59pm on a Sunday in whatever time zone you are in.
- It is low pressure, meaning participants are only asked to push themselves to read more than they normally would during any given week. There is no competition between readers.
- How much time a reader wants, and can commit, to read, tweet, or network with fellow bloggers is left to individual preference. All challenges and giveaways are optional.
- Networking with fellow bloggers is actively encouraged, though never required.
- Use Twitter to post updates throughout the read-a-thon. Everyone will be tweeting with the #boutofbooks hashtag.
Since I’m so behind in my reading schedule, this will be a great week to devote to reading and catch up! This is, unfortunately, looking to be a busy week for me work wise and we also have a number of family plans next weekend, so I won’t be able to devote as much time to reading as I would like to. But let’s hope to get a lot accomplished.
Time Devoted to Reading
My goals for this read-a-thon are that I’d like to participate in as much as I can: the daily posts plus reading every day.
Books to Read
- Finish Never Trust a Pirate by Valerie Bowman
- Read Cocoa Beach by Beatriz Williams
- Read The Perfect Stranger by Megan Miranda
- Read Mediterranean Caper by Clive Cussler
- Read The Simplicity of Cider by Amy E. Reichert
Hopefully I’m actually able to get through all of those, if so I could at least catch up with one week of books which would be great. I have a long list of backlog books that I have to catch up with still from 2016 and the first four months of 2017, but hopefully those will happen over the rest of the year. I’m really looking forward to this week-long reading challenge devoted to reading though! If you do want to join make sure to add yourself to the page’s Sign Up Post by Tuesday, May 9th at 11:59pm! Happy reading!
One thought on “Bout of Books 19 – Sign Up Post”
Pingback: 2017 Monthly Status Update: May | Rebeccabookreview