So for one of my goals this year to help me focus more on reading and having concentrated time for reading, I decided to participate in two of the three Bout of Books reading challenges / read-a-thons this year! This was the first one for this year. I didn’t done as much as I wanted to but it was still ok amounts of successful.
First let’s do my Day 7 (Sunday) update on reading.
Time spent reading: (Approximately) 3.5 hours
Number of pages I’ve read today: 188 pages
Total number of pages I’ve read: 658 pages
Books read: Finished reading a book I’m judging for NERCA 2019 (unfortunately I can’t reveal the books on my site until after finalists are announced!) and started reading An Anonymous Girl by Greer Hendricks & Sarah Pekkanen
Challenges: I did not do the challenge post for today
And now let’s look at how I fared for my overall Bout of Books 24 wrap up:
Time Devoted to Reading
My goals for this read-a-thon are that I’d like to participate in as much as I can: the daily posts plus reading every day. I’d really like to just focus on getting back into reading. I picked it up again over the holidays but I’ve lost the schedule again with how crazy the last week or so has been.
I was able to read every day! For the first time though I didn’t participate in even 1 daily challenge. I wanted to focus all my available time on reading, though some of the daily challenge posts did look fun!
Books to Read
- Finish The Winter of the Witch by Katherine Arden (I didn’t get a chance to finish it over the weekend) Finished! Review will be posted soon
- Read current NERCA 2019 book assignment (I volunteered to judge but unfortunately can’t review or reveal the books until March when finalists are announced) Finished!
- Read An Anonymous Girl by Greer Hendricks and Sarah Pekkanen Started!
- Read next NERCA 2019 book assignment Did not get to
- (If I can fit in any more) Read from my Backlog list using the Bookish 52 Ways to Kill Your TBR Reading Challenge! Did not get to
- A book you
boughtrequested for the cover
- A book you’re embarrassed you haven’t read yet
- A book you
Overall not my best showing but I think I did ok given my time constraints for last week! I’m looking forward to participating in a Bookish Bingo challenge next month and hopefully get lots more reading done!