So for one of my goals this year to help me focus more on reading and having concentrated time for reading, I am participating in all 3 Bout of Books reading challenges / read-a-thons this year! The first one was in early January and I got a good amount of reading done. The next one is coming up next week and while I have a really busy schedule I am looking forward to hopefully getting a lot of reading done next week!
For those of you who don’t really know much about Bout of Books, it is basically a week-long, no pressure read-a-thon that has been going strong since 2011! Here is a description directly from the Bout of Books blog:
The Bout of Books read-a-thon is organized by Amanda Shofner and Kelly Rubidoux Apple. It is a week long read-a-thon that begins 12:01am Monday, May 14th and runs through Sunday, May 20th in whatever time zone you are in. Bout of Books is low-pressure. There are challenges, giveaways, and a grand prize, but all of these are completely optional. For all Bout of Books 22 information and updates, be sure to visit the Bout of Books blog. – From the Bout of Books team
The Bout of Books Read-a-Thon was created by Amanda @ On a Book Bender on a complete whim in August 2011. It took on a life of its own and was such a hit that Amanda decided to do it again and turn it into a somewhat regular occurrence.
- Bout of Books is a week long read-a-thon, usually from 12:01am on a Monday through 11:59pm on a Sunday in whatever time zone you are in.
- It is low pressure, meaning participants are only asked to push themselves to read more than they normally would during any given week. There is no competition between readers.
- How much time a reader wants, and can commit, to read, tweet, or network with fellow bloggers is left to individual preference. All challenges and giveaways are optional.
- Networking with fellow bloggers is actively encouraged, though never required.
- Use Twitter to post updates throughout the read-a-thon. Everyone will be tweeting with the #boutofbooks hashtag.
Since I’m so behind in my reading schedule, this will be a great week to devote to reading and catch up!
Time Devoted to Reading
My goals for this read-a-thon are that I’d like to participate in as much as I can: the daily posts plus reading every day.
Books to Read
- Finish A Harmless Little Plan by Meli Raine (if I haven’t already finished it Sunday)
- Finish The Favorite Sister by Jessica Knoll
- Read The Summer Wives by Beatriz Williams
- Read The Optimist’s Guide to Letting Go by Amy E. Reichert
- Read Our Kind of Cruelty by Araminta Hall
Hopefully I’m actually able to get through all (or at least a few) of those, if so I could at least kind of stay on track with May’s reading schedule so far. I’m really looking forward to this week-long reading challenge devoted to reading ! If you do want to join make sure to add yourself to the page’s Sign Up Post by Tuesday, May 15th at 11:59pm! Happy reading!