So for one of my goals this year to help me focus more on reading and having concentrated time for reading, I decided to participate in all 3 Bout of Books reading challenges / read-a-thons this year! The first one was luckily scheduled for this past week which is before my busy season at work officially starts.
Below were the goals that I had set for the week and my assessment with how I did on them.
Time Devoted to Reading
My goals for this read-a-thon are that I’d like to participate in as much as I can: the daily posts plus reading every day.
I did participate in 3 out of the 7 daily challenges and I did read every day.
Books to Read
- Finish The Girl in the Tower by Katherine Arden – Finished this one! See the review here
- Read The Crown Prince’s Bride by Donna Alward – Finished this one, see the review here
- Read Like Broken China by J. D. Thompson – Finished this one, see the review here
- Read The Safest Lies by Megan Miranda – Finished this one, see the review here
- Read The Midnight Watch by David Dyer – Decided to skip this one, I can’t make it to the book club meeting this next week so I decided to read this one another time
- Instead of reading The Midnight Watch, I started reading The Rogue Is Back in Town
Overall this was a great week of concentrated reading for me and I am glad I was able to get so much accomplished! Looking forward to the next one in May!