Top Ten Tuesday is a book meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Every Tuesday there is a different bookish topic and bloggers are asked to post their own top ten list based on the topic. This week is a listing of the Top Ten Best Books I Read in 2015. This one was definitely a hard one for me to narrow down since I read so many good books in 2015 (so far!).
10. The Light of Hidden Flowers by Jennifer Handford
9. Sisters of Versailles by Sally Christie
8. The Wonder of All Things by Jason Mott
7. Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell
6. The Light Between Oceans by M. L. Stedman
5. When The Moon Is Low by Nadia Hashimi
4. The Bookseller by Cynthia Swanson
3. I’ll Meet You There by Heather Demetrios
2. The Wrath and the Dawn by Renee Ahdieh
1. The Vintner’s Daughter by Kristen Harnisch
Since it really was just so tough for me to decide, I wanted to add in just a few honroable mention / runner ups. These books didn’t make it into my top ten but they were so close that I really think they deserve a shout out. And to be fair I’ve already read 120 books this year so these books still (pretty much) made it into my top 10%!
3. Imaginary Things by Andrea Lochen
2. Where’d You Go, Bernadette by Maria Semple
1. Something Borrowed / Something Blue by Emily Giffin
So those were my favorite books that I’ve read in 2015 (so far). What about all of you? What good books have you read this past year?
6 thoughts on “Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten Best Books I Read in 2015”
Aaah, I loved The Wrath and The Dawn and included it in my TTT list too!
I really hated Something Borrowed and Something Blue when I was reading it, though–although my perspective could have been coloured by the movie, which I also really didn’t like. I have a very low tolerance of cheaters, even fictional, and I just didn’t find any of the characters redeeming, unfortunately.
That was the thing I liked so much about Something Borrowed/Something Blue is that the characters were so flawed and awful but I ended up rooting for them at the end anyways. Different perspectives I guess! Thanks for checking out my TTT list! 🙂
I haven’t heard of The Bookseller. I’m going to have to go check that one out!
I definitely would, I loved it!
I love ‘The Light Between Oceans’ – one of my favourite books from the last few years. And there’s a film adaptation on the way as well, with Michael Fassbender and Alicia Vikander as the Sherbournes. Both great actors so I’m really excited for it.
I just saw that online yesterday, so excited that they’re making a movie out of a great book!